A complete SMO / SEO guide for business. The future is optimizing for users! Are social signals phasing out SEO for more user perceptive search?
A comprehensive rather than basic post, but so good I have to include it.
"A complete SMO / SEO guide for business. The future is optimizing for users!
① Are social signals phasing out SEO for more user perceptive search?
② Learning from collective preferences en masse using social media.
③ An explanation of Social Media Optimization and its earlier definition.
④ The seventeen early rules of Social Media Optimization, the way it was.
⑤ SMO's relationship with SEO and the growing intelligence of search algorithms.
⑥ Is it time to rewrite SMO rules? User experience first, then search optimization.
⑦ The all new principles of SMO, Focus on the user and all elSEO will follow.
⑧ Authorship & Google+ is a royal romance, the marriage of Search & Social Media.
⑨ This is just my Pilot Episode, here's some of the related SMO topics coming soon.
⑩ Let's travel 10 years into the future and see where Google Search is going."
17 New Rules for SMO
"1. Increase your shareable content – blog, white papers, aggregating content
2. Encourage sharing, tagging and engagement
3. Reward your sharing users - special circles, featured users.
4. Help your content travel - Submit videos, powerpoints to relevant sites
5. Encourage the mashup – Let others use your content.
6. Be a user resource
7. Reward helpful and valuable users.
8. Participate – Join the conversation.
9. Know how to target your audience
10. Create content
11. Be real
12. Don’t forget your roots, be humble.
13. Don’t be afraid to try new things, stay fresh.
14. Develop a SMO strategy.
15. Choose your SMO tactics wisely.
16. Make SMO part of your process and best practices.
17. Don’t be afraid to let go of a message, or idea and let others own it."